Did you know.....
According to federal OSHA, the top 10 Most Frequently Cited Construction Violations in 2018 (as of Sept. 30, 2018):
- Fall Protection - General Requirements (1926.501)
- Scaffolding (1926.451)
- Ladders (1926.1053)
- Fall Protection - Training (1926.503)
- Eye and Face Protection (1926.102)
- General Safety and Health Provisions (1926.20)
- Head Protection (1926.100)
- Aerial Lifts (1926.453)
- Hazard Communication (1910.1200)
- Fall Protection - Systems Criteria and Practices (1926.502)
Falls are among the most common causes of serious work-related injuries and deaths, which explains the multiple violation categories. If you’re working to bring your safety program up to par, you can request a free safety consultation. Contractor in Washington? You may request free safety consultation by visiting here. If you’re an Oregon contractor, request free safely consultation by visiting here.
I have some personal experience with WISHA’s consultation
program and the representatives were extremely helpful. I'd highly recommend it. Another
advantage, in many cases, is a deferred scheduled inspection.